MT evaluation workshop
- Are you planning to use MT and do not know which one to choose?
- Your customers are asking for MT post-editing but the rate is questionable?
- You are post-editing MT and you feel that it only spoils your work?
A 90-minute webinar on how to pre-assess machine translations provided through the CAT tool plug-in, and how to select the best MT on this basis.
- Examples of working with machine-pretranslated text.
- Typical advantages and disadvantages of the current technology, namely Neural MT.
- CAT reports allowing to assess the workload necessary to transform proposals from machine into a professional text.
- What to consider when choosing the best MT for a given use case (and when it is better not to use it at all).
Each participant shall receive
Examples used in the workshop as material for self-study.
Workshop presentation summary with key points and useful links.
A computer with Internet access, speakers or headphones, optionally also a microphone (without a microphone you can still communicate via chat).